Tadalafil 25mg Oral Disintegrating Tablets (ODTs) (Quantity: 10)
Quantity: 10 Oral Disintegrating Tablets (ODTs)
- Buy 2 for each and save 10%
- Buy 3 for each and save 20%
Tadalafil is categorized as a Selective Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor, which is similar to Sildenafil and Vardenafil. This is prescribed for the treatment of male erectile dysfunction (ED), pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), or the concurrent treatment of erectile dysfunction and BPH. The duration of action of tadalafil for the treatment of ED can last up to 36 hours, which appears to be longer than that of Sildenafil and Vardenafil.
An Oral Disintegrating Tablet or orally dissolving tablet (ODT) differs from traditional tablets in that they are designed to be dissolved on the tongue rather than swallowed whole. An ODT is a solid dosage form that disintegrates and dissolves in the mouth (either on or beneath the tongue or in the buccal cavity) without water within 60 seconds or less. Orally disintegrating tablets offer all the advantages of solid and liquid dosage forms together with special advantages, which include:
- ODTs present no risk of obstruction of the gastrointestinal tract, which is beneficial for patients who do not have access to water such as patients who are traveling.
- ODTs are similar to a hard tablet taken orally, but are designed to take sublingually for faster onset of action and reduce 'upset stomach' sometimes experienced with oral tablets.
- ODTs can dissolve faster than troches or traditional oral tablets.
- Unlike troches, ODTs can dissolve in the mouth without additional water.
- All ODTs are quad-scored so that they can be broken into smaller dosage forms (i.e. take 1/4 of a 25mg Tadalafil ODT)
- ODTs do not melt and can be shipped via ground.
- ODTs are hard enough that they will not break in transit, but still have a rapid dissolution speed (ability to dissolve sublingually within 60 seconds)